Therapy For Stressed Out Grad Students In Denver, CO And Ann Arbor, MI
IS LIFE AS A GRAD STUDENT EVEN CRAZIER THAN YOU EXPECTED?
Whether you are a grad student studying business, medicine, law, dentistry, social work, or in a PhD program, it can be a time of major overload and rigorous pressures. Many students experience anxiety, depression, loneliness or even panic during this intense and demanding time in their lives.
Some of the things my clients struggle with include:
- Adjustment with returning to student life
- Anticipating entering the work force
- Struggles with motivation and keeping up with the work load
- Difficulty with decision-making about their future
- Worrying about recruitment
- Balancing academics and a social or romantic life
- House mate tensions
HERE’S HOW I CAN HELP:
I help grad students find balance despite the pressures of campus life and enjoy this chapter while preparing for their future.
Student life can lead to confusing questions about your future, your goals and your sense of yourself. In addition to providing a safe and accepting space to help you process your emotions and decisions, I offer proven and effective skills needed to manage your anxiety and overwhelm. With these tools and a more positive perspective, my clients can successfully continue through their grad school years and regain enthusiasm for what lies ahead.
HOW DOES THERAPY WORK:
Each appointment consists of a 50-minute one-on-one session that will help you work through your concerns. In addition to listening, I will share thoughts when it's helpful and offer practical strategies for you to consider. I play an active role in our work together.
Here’s how it will work step-by-step:.
I. provide a safe, accepting space so that you will feel comfortable sharing your struggles with me as we get to know each other.
2. Through hearing your story, I will begin to get a picture of what the challenges you face.
3. We will start with helping you with immediate concerns like managing difficult emotions and challenging life situations.
4. We will also work to discover what your goals are in therapy and in life.
5. Keeping your unique goals in mind, we’ll figure out what’s needed to help you reach those goals.
6. Over the course of our sessions, you will start making progress towards the life you desire.
Research shows that therapy can positively change your thinking, beliefs, emotions, and behaviors. It can help you let go of what’s holding you back.
LETS GET STARTED TODAY:
Reach out either by email or phone or by filling out the form below to schedule a free 15 minute phone consultation. I look forward to hearing from you!