Therapy For Women Dealing With Life Transitions In Denver, CO And Ann Arbor, MI
IS YOUR LIFE IN A MAJOR OVERHAUL?
Life is full of change! Sometimes, these are changes that we set in motion ourselves; but often these changes are an unwelcome surprise. We can be confused by the sense of disruption and feelings of instability that comes from change, because even “good” or wanted change often leads to anxiety and discomfort. This is “normal” and therapy can help.
Some of the life transitions that lead my clients to contact me:
- The upheaval of a move across country or a new job
- The rollercoaster ride of becoming a first time parent
- Facing the adjustments to an empty nest
- Navigating new territory of aging parents
- Reinventing yourself at retirement
- The loss of an important relationship
- The transition from student life to the professional world
HERE’S HOW I CAN HELP:
I help women regain a sense of stability with their “new normal” as they plow through life changes.
Major transitions often create feelings of chaos in our sense of ourselves as well as our families and other important relationships. In addition to providing a safe and accepting space to help you process your emotions and decisions, I offer proven and effective skills needed to manage the overwhelm. With these tools and a more positive perspective, my clients can move through the changes they face with more ease and less distress.
HOW DOES THERAPY WORK?
Each appointment consists of a 50-minute one-on-one session that will help you work through your concerns. In addition to listening, I will share thoughts when it's helpful and offer practical strategies for you to consider. I play an active role in our work together.
Here’s how it will work step-by-step:
1. I provide a safe, accepting space so that you will feel comfortable sharing your struggles with me as we get to know each other.
2. Through hearing your story, I will start to get a picture of the challenges you face.
3. We will start with helping you with immediate concerns like managing difficult emotions and feelings of crisis.
4. We will also work to discover what your goals are in therapy and in life.
5. Keeping your unique goals in mind, we’ll figure out what’s needed to help you reach these goals.
6. Over the course of our sessions, you will start making progress towards the life you desire.
Research shows that therapy can positively change your thinking, beliefs, emotions, and behaviors. It can help you let go of what’s holding you back.
LETS GET STARTED TODAY:
Reach out either by email or phone or by filling out the form below to schedule a free 15 minute phone consultation. I look forward to hearing from you.